Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Are you ready for some Foose-ball!!!

I know it seems like I am just copying my other friends in this league, but I wanted to make my case as to why my league-mates will have such great years, and why the heck I was drafting the way I did.

I had the 5/16 draft spot in a ten team league. Not horrible, but only good if someone before me doesn't pickup a RB.

1 QB / 3 WR / 2 RB / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 DEF

1. T. Barber RB
2. M. Hasselbeck QB
3. W. Dunn RB
4. D. Jackson WR
5. N. Burleson WR
6. J. Addai RB
7. Chicago DEF
8. J. Brown K
9. B. Roethlisberger QB
10. K. Johnson WR
11. Da. Clark TE
12. J. Stevens TE
13. B. Engram WR
14. K. Curtis WR
15. B. Stokley WR

I got lucky and some team before me picked up Peyton so Tiki fell to me. I was very happy. Before we go on you should know that I wanted to draft all Seatle players, because my theory is two fold:

1) Why root for player on teams you can't stand? I want to root for my favorite team and drafting from one team (primarily) will allow me to do just that.

2) I up the point curve. I hedge my bets and say that my team is getting 10 points per touchdown thrown. This is better than 4 and possible 6's in my mind. It isn't a perfect theory, but it works for me.

So a run down of my picks. I took Hasselbeck second because there was another Seatle fan in our league and I knew if he did not take Matt with his second pick that he would get him with his third (both of which were going to happen before mine.) So after I got Matt, I knew I needed to get another solid runner so I picked up Dunn who has worked well (not a great, but definately productive) for me in the past.

After that I started to pick up my SEA receivers and my first backup RB in Joseph Addai. We have a big LSU fan here at work and he swears that Addai will have a big year by fitting right into the Indy offense. After that my defense disappears (SEA) so I decide to pick up the best still out there and turns out no one had picked up any defenses yet, so I get Chicago. I like them better than most, but I think missing out on Seatle will hurt me a little this year.
After that it is a mater of picking up backups (including both of my TEs) and I am pleased with my receiver group. Additionally with this mix I will have a full offensive roster every week, which helps me more than usual, when I have too many SEA players to field a roster on their bye week.

All in all, I am excited with this team. These guys are very serious about fantasy sports, so I will probably get lost in the shuffle, but I expect to have some fun, and I am definately able to root for these players!

Game On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home