Tuesday, June 27, 2006

10 Things...

All the cool kids in school are doing it, so I figure I will jump off the bridge as well...

1) I was the fastest kid in elementray school over anything 100m and shorter. Yes, I was still overweight then. I was just like 6' nothing and a solid 4-6" taller than everyone else.

2) I have in my life been required to crochet, knit, and cross-stich to make gifts for other people. I learned these skills on my own, since it looked like fun, and was required to put them to use a year or so later when my parents filed bankrupcy and there were no Christmas gifts, or birthday presents for just about a full year.

3) I have been arrested. I didn't do it (and I am not getting into what I was acused of), and the charges were dropped less than 24 hours before the trial was scheduled to start. But I remember being terrified through the entire process that I would never be able to get a good job because I was arrested. I went through the whole ordeal, questioning, polygraphs, finger-printing, bail hearing. This happened when I was in 7th grade.

4) I don't drink. Actually a few people know this, but most of them forget and offer me a beer, wine, or some other mixed drinks. I was exposed to some rather nasty rotten alcohol when working at a recycling center while in high school, and I can't get near the stuff to this day.

5) I am terrified of the undefined. I hate calling people for the first time, going somewhere for the first time, trying a new food for the first time. I don't know why I am afraid of these things, but I simply will do anything instead of call someone that I do not know. Even if I just have to call them back (they initiated the conversation) I will be terrified to call them back. Second times are bad as well, but once I have done it twice I am less terrified.

6) I love seeing movies in the theater, but hate seeing them alone. It isn't like I talk to people durring a movie, or that it is an event (hanging out is more important than the movie) but I just hate seeing a movie by myself. I do, go occassionally, but most of the time I won't bring myself to do it.

7) I was *this close* to not going to college. OK, maybe not that close, but I seriously considered it for a few days. I really wanted to stay in touch with this girl and she wanted to get married right out of college. I had a chance when she was between boyfriends, but I screwed it up. Additionally I didn't think that getting married right out of HS was a good idea. Funny thing is that I think I loved her, and to this day I believe that was my one chance at true love.

8) I have only been playing collectible card games competatively since late 2000. Seems like a long time now, but I know, as do most other people, that I am mearly a rookie when it comes to the veteran players in the industry.

9) I hate chocolate. White chocolate doesn't count. =)

10) Most people I know refer to me as Mr. Beal. I don't know why it is so hard to say my first name, but for the longest time, people simply refer to me by my first name. It is almost freaky sometimes...

Game On!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't remember your first name, so I just call you Mr. Beal like everyone else.

I think I knew most, you definiately added details to certain things.

- Enrique

10:13 AM  
Blogger TheGirard said...

You have a first name?

this was pretty thorough and I didn't know some of these things. Good Job.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home