Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

First paid holiday of the year. This marks the beginning of the summer months, and 100+ degree heat in Arizona. Unfortunately the weather wasn't paying attention to the calendar and we have already had a few days that were 100+....

Anyway, it has been a while since I posted, and things are starting to return to normal. I haven't really gotten to play much in tournaments lately, but I have more than made up for that in casual play. And you know what.... I am starting to like Magic. I don't even know why, I just have. It is a simple system that you can play with almost anyone who has ever heard of card games, and it is really easy to play casually. I don't know if I will ever pick it up for serious tournament play, but it is not horrible as I once thought.

My initial problem with Magic was the resource system. But with the help of friends I have gotten over that issue. Not enough to say that I love Magic or anything, and I am sure that I won't be playing in tournaments any time soon.... But I might pick up some cards and make a deck, just to have something to play every once in a while.

The store is finally cleaned up and looking much better. I still say that the tournament area is a little too cramped, but it is much better than before, and has more room for improvement now. I really hope Terry does well in this new location.

My diet, well I need to try something else. I don't know what it is, but I do not seem to be losing any weight. Maybe I need to be accountable to others, in like a Weight Watchers system, but I really don't have the money at the moment to get started, so that leaves me back to eating right and eating less on my own. Definitely not as easy as it sounds, and not as easy as I thought it would be. But something is for sure, I need to move faster down this path, otherwise I may never get started...

Anyway, like I started, Memorial Day is the beginning of summer and I am getting ready for Convention season. I can't wait for the first one for me this year: Anime Expo in July 1-4. It will be my first Anime Expo, but I know the area and the convention center so it should be a good time!!!

Game On!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home